Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 9/11
rcbatp

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-9-2010 at 16:55
9/11

Hello,

I was just listening to maschinengeist.org and heard voice overs that challenged the 9/11 mythologies perpetrated here in the United States. I'm a philosopher, professor, musician, writer, blah blah who will publish and lecture on the idea of "9/12: Mourning in America" starting this December and going for about a year, publishing my book in May or June of 2011 for the 10 year anniversary of the 9/11 events.

I often write to the music broadcast on this iTunes channel. I'd like to deepen my connection here by asking, simply: Would anyone else be interested in talking about this topic? I know it tends to be "hot button" but I'm really trying to find a way to talk about what happened, what happened since, and how we as a planet can move forward, harmonize with those we lost and address directly those who may have perpetuated one of the greatest mass murders in the history of my country.

Thanks.

-rcb (in VT/USA)
Henry
Administrator

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 13-9-2010 at 17:21

Hi there!

First of all, thank you very much for tuning in to MASCHINENGEIST.ORG RADIO! I hope you like the music and find it equally as inspiring as we do. And of course any feedback is very welcome!

Honestly though, I'm not sure what "voice overs challenging the 9/11 events" you're referring to... But if you want to know my personal opinion on the topic here it is in a nutshell:

As tragic and horrific the 9/11 event has been for the US and the people directly involved it has been VASTLY overrated in the mass media. There are events in the world that are FAR more important and tragic on a global scale but get little to no attention by the majority of mass media and their consumers because they're not as spectacular and take place on a much more extended spacetime scale (and thus are easily ignored by the commonly short attention-span). Events on the scale of 9/11 are part of everyday life in countries like Iraq, Pakistan and parts of Africa etc... There are more deaths caused by starvation every hour than the total casualties of 9/11... not mentioning the deaths caused by wars over faith and natural resources and ultimately caused by a greedy minority of the human population...

And btw, I think the common attribution of the 9/11 attacks to an inside conspiracy are utter bullshit and a result of patternicity, which is expected to happen in any ill-informed part of society increasingly ruled by fear and ignorance...

just my .2$

cheers,
Henry

[Edited on 13-9-2010 by Henry]

Go To Top